Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sounding Something Like Settling

A relationship? Friends for sure, a closeness that isn't a big deal and yet is all at once. Importance placed on the individual and careful progression toward fulfillment without emotional attachment. We're both ready to end it all if ever it gets to be too much.

So am I selfish to begin a relationship that will ultimately lead nowhere but my own self discovery, testing who I am and will become? Or it could very well be the best idea ever, an opportunity to see what it means to be free and enlightened. The truest act of feminism?

As long as no one gets hurt.

There is still time devoted to re-establishing the openness and understanding that the woman he is devoted to knows all that we do. He claims not to go into details and that she knows and there is an understanding regardless of her knowing everything that goes on between him and his activities outside of their relationships. I still need to be assured of her feelings and hear him repeat that I will be spared of the other side of things. Only after these uneasy feelings are soothed can I relax enough and fall into a moment of time standing alone in itself.

A selfish act only possible because we live in a society that places worth in the individual, the act of investing in one's own person seen as a generous and required ritual. And it is safe and secure knowing that the two of us exist in this moment for one another, helping each other achieve a certain desire and explore something more intimate.

I am settling into a sort of relationship, something built on trust and openness with a person I respect and enjoy spending time with. Feeling myself settle into a comfortable place, knowing I am respected and valued within a partnership not always approved of. However, I am happy in the place I find myself and interested in knowing a bit more. It is an experience and once I'm through with it I'll be able to walk away without strings attached. Or so I hope.

I find myself setting into something that I had not looked for; something that I was never searching for, but it found me nonetheless. I can see the value of this experience and hope to be able to get as much out of this time as possible. I have a friend to help me through the experience and lead me to the other side of understanding what possibilities lie ahead.

More than anything I am interested in finding who I become once I am done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home