Saturday, March 7, 2009

Gray Day

I woke up and heard the rain, the sun was hiding behind a wall o' clouds. Tom Robbins described the sky in this town as if cotton balls had been dragged behind a truck for some distance. When I read that in one of his books my eyes lit up knowingly and it felt like an old friend commiserating on a winter's day. It's March though and as I walked out to the living room our windows revealed that it was snowing, big and huge puff flakes. They floated down to the ground, melting immediately. It's March. It was sort of mesmerizing and sad and wonderful. I guess the snow brings back stupid memories and makes me think of a friend lost, a friendship so closely entwined with this particular weather pattern that it's hard not to think of the two together. Kind of lame, but it wasn't stabby pain and it was as short lived as the flurry itself. Perhaps I may be moving on.

I drank too much last night, I was kind of manic as well. It was a really bad place, going cray cray with our co-workers probably isn't the best thing to do. Maybe that should be addressed. Going out was fun though Oliver carried me on his shoulder and I may have said embarrassing things in front of everyone. I made it home though and didn't lose anything. The red water bottle was thought to be lost at one point, but it was really just siting on the table in front of me. I dropped my phone and some quarters. It could have been worse. We'll see what happens Monday down at the factory, I might not remember everything.

I may have lost control, I may have been a little self conscious of this during the evening.

I wonder what is up for this weekend, somehow I feel that I might spend all my time laying around even though I have things to do and a desire to see some live music. Next weekend there's a show I'm going to, so even if that doesn't happen this weekend I have plans to look forward to. And I've gotten into working out, so that will happen and I won't have been totally unproductive. I'm also interested in making lunch now... This weekend has so much promise!

Maybe the clouds will part, though that seems like a dream not to come true. It's looking pretty solid, light filtering through and without hope of thinning in the least. 

The sun was out yesterday and I wished for Summer. Now it's snowing and the sky looks like cotton balls after being dragged along through the puddles. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home