Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our Concept of Time

Does time stretch out when we are waiting, when our heart is waiting?

This week seems like the longest time. The days are just going on and on, even though the sun sets all too soon. Every day feels like the wrong day, simply not far enough along in time for my liking. Today should definitely be Friday, every day feels that way. 

Perhaps I'm just missing the weekend, days spent outside and in the breeze. Days that I can enjoy sleeping in and doing nothing at all.  Was there something I missed out on? Was there something I just didn't have the time to do, or at least remember to do? Am I really missing those days and looking forward so longingly that I have slowed time?

Or maybe it is my heart. Looking into the future with a longing glance. Is that enough to change my perspective of the passage and progress of everyday?

Maybe.

But, how is it still only Wednesday? 

My heart is such a trickster, laughing and dancing through the woods with music swirling to weave a web. It sounds like such fun! I'll have to wait it out and try to avoid all the silliness swimming through my head or else I might lose myself. Leaving the mischief to the others, I'll try to keep my head.

And tomorrow is merely Thursday. 

Maybe all this means is that I'll have time to read more and write a little. Suddenly this time is a gift to be used with unexpected excitement. Enough to make me forget what it was I was waiting for.

Who it was...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home