Saturday, November 1, 2008

Something Different

Is this really any different than what I've always done? The only difference now is that I'm making it available to others, sort of. So here it will be, a public outpouring of something that I have always kept so quiet and hidden. Something different, but still the same. Writing it all down as so many have encouraged before, demanding promises, and looking forward to the day that it all makes sense enough for me to actually do it. And what better time than this holiday set aside for the dead, our departed loved ones and long ago ancestors. The ones have given me all that I am and set in motion this strange trip and wonderful meanderings that lead to such good stories.

I spent last night running the streets with a few lovely characters, laughing and yelling to scare the wandering spirits. There was dancing and sharing of cigarettes with the usual ramblings and vague allusions of genius. It was a welcome distraction of frivolity and a touch of mayhem, with huddles and team building. Sometimes our voices were lost in the rapture of music and laughter; floating in the air and never reaching the ears we intended. All this exploding in excitement and pure joy, this is a holiday after all. It was nice to let the other worries fall to the floor like so much glitter and feathers while dancing away the night. There has been so much to worry about for the past few months.

During the early hours of dinner and preparation for going out last night there erupted a loud and pointed knock, hanging in the air for a mere moment or two before evaporating. When I had nearly forgotten it though a flash of memory brought me back to the present. I went, to present myself to two figures dressed in alter egos and I felt distracted and almost invited them in before asking with a questioning hello what it was they wanted. We had no candy to give, so perhaps a trick would have to be produced rather hastily. But no, it was merely door-to-door politicalization. Even on this night meant for other worlds and those who inhabit them we must not forget this world and the change that will come in a few short days. And how short they are now that the northern hemisphere is a little farther away from the sun. But I am hopeful of what will come and while I wait I send a positive vibration from within to the world without. Be the change you hope to see and all that, with a great jazz beat in the back. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home