Monday, December 6, 2010

Music and cookies

I went to see a local band play this weekend. It was a pretty good party, though the warm up DJ seemed to be having more fun than the crowd. The band didn't start until three hours after doors opened. There were a lot of people disappointed. I figured it was fine, I showed up well after doors opened and still had to wait a longer time than I had anticipated. But I was up front and totally had a good time. I didn't feel like I needed to be anywhere else and just went with it, the waiting is part of the journey and the end result. I had gone by myself too so there was plenty of opportunity for unwanted attention from a rather drunk young man. I had planned on bringing a friend and wished I wasn't alone, but it was more than that. I feel like spending a lot of time with this person and try to make time for us to spend together, though sometimes work and other responsibilities cause us to delay those plans. Instead of getting upset about the attention I was having to deal with I just laughed and thought of the wanted attention I would get another day.

The music was an experience, everyone present participating and creating a moment in time when we all stood together.

I have some baking plans in mind too, I really want to make some gluten free treats for my roommate who is trying an elimination diet to see if he has a possible wheat allergy. I also like using the gluten free cookbook I have from a rather delicious bakery. They guarantee that if you follow the recipes you will have success, which is great because I'm still new at experimenting with the GF side of baking. It's good to diversify though and I want to get better at making delicious treats and being comfortable with all types of recipes.

Maybe I could have friends over for milk and cookies, sharing a treat and catching up. Listening to some music to make it all come together in a moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home